How does it work?
This is a 6 week course designed to help patients manage feelings of depression. It helps you learn about what might keep depression going and ways of how you can overcome it.
The group will be delivered by two Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners. Each session will be between 1½ hours and 2 hours, incorporating a short break. It will involve PowerPoint presentations, individual exercises and group discussion. Following each session there will be individual activities and tasks set to help you put in place, and build upon, information discussed. The benefits of attending the Psychological Wellbeing workshop include:
- Learning strategies to help break through your struggle with depression.
- Practicing exercises or activities about how you think and behave.
- Meet people who have similar difficulties and learn from their experiences.
- Evidence suggests it is an effective form of therapy for the management of depression, and as effective as working one to one.
- Session 1: Introduction to the course and Cognitive Behaviour Therapy. Learn about your symptoms and better understand what depression is and how you can overcome it.
- Session 2: Behavioural Activation- changing our behaviour to improve our mood.
- Session 3: Thought Challenging- exploring and challenging unhelpful thoughts.
- Session 4: Overcoming worrying and problem solving.
- Session 5: Managing physical aspects – sleep, diet, exercise, relaxation and mindfulness.
- Session 6: Planning and preparing for the future. Relapse prevention and review of the course.
Please click on the image to the left or follow this link to download a copy of our Psychological Wellbeing Workshop leaflet.